www.Activate.isic.org:- The ISIC which stands for the International Student Identity card is an internationally recognised card for the student community which is validated and issued in approx 130 countries. With such wide acceptance, students get access to more than 150000 discounts, offers and other benefits. The ISIC card is endorsed and supported by powerful organisations like the European Council on Culture and the Andean Community of Nations and UNESCO. While the card is accepted by universities and other institutions in approx 130 countries, this card is only limited to the full-time students studying in schools, colleges or universities aged above 12 years. However, there are other cards offered by ISIC for people who are not studying such as the IYTC or International Youth Travel Card which is available to anyone younger than 30 years. The other card offered by ISIC is ITIC which stands for International Teacher Identity Card and is available to full-time Teachers and Professors.
Apply ISIC card:
Applying for an ISIC card is quite easy and can be done through the ISIC international website or the local ISIC website of your country. Apart from this, the ISIC card can also be obtained through the local ISIC office of your place of residence. Let’s have a look at the steps for how to apply for an ISIC card online.
- First of all, visit the ISIC international website i.e. www.Activate.isic.org.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the home page of ISIC and click on the “Get Your Card” option.
- Choose your country or territory of residence under the “Get your card online” option.
- Upon choosing the place of residence a new page of your local ISIC website will be opened.
- Choose the type of ISIC card from the options available on-page.
- For each type of card, there are certain document requirements for issuing the card. Each of these cards are virtual cards and for receiving a plastic card of the same, you will have to pay an additional amount other than the card fee.
- After choosing the card type, enter your details on the next page like your name, surname, School, date of birth, email address and phone number.
- Now choose your Gender and upload the prescribed image and other documents.
- In the next step choose the services you want and then head towards the summary page.
- After rechecking all the information, go to the payment page of ISIC and pay the bill for the card.
- Upon the successful transaction, you will receive a notification regarding the same.
ISIC Card Activate
After receiving the ISIC card you must activate it before use and the card can be activated easily online at the ISIC card activation website which is https://www.activate.isic.org/. You can also check your card activation status by entering your card details in the ‘Check card status’ box. In case your card is not activated follow these simple steps to activate the ISIC card online.
- Go to the card activation website of ISIC i.e www.activate.isic.org.
- Enter all the details asked like your card type, card number, name on the card, country of residence, your first and last name, gender, DOB and card validity.
- Upload the front and backside image of your ISIC card and check the boxes asking to agree with the terms and conditions of the ISIC card.
After you submit the card activation request with the ISIC, it will take a maximum of 2 days for activating the ISIC card after checking and verifying all the details. Once your card is activated, you will be notified of the same by mail. Unless your ISIC card is activated, you won’t get any discount and offers although you have a valid ISIC card. So, it is important to activate the ISIC card once you receive it. Depending upon the speed and efficiency of the local postal system, it takes on average 3-4 weeks to process your card request and deliver it to your doorstep. However, if you want to purchase the ISIC card on short notice, you can get in touch with ISIC local issuing offices. You can find these local issuing offices at this link.
Offers and Discount with the ISIC card:
With acceptance in over 130 countries, ISIC card users get more than 150000 discounts worldwide. The discount search engine of ISIC can be used to find all the discounts available for a cardholder at any given time. Other than this, the ISIC also has a free ISIC app for Android and iOS platforms and the same can be downloaded from their respective app stores. Members can also use this ISIC app for checking the offers anytime they want.
With an ISIC card, users get a variety of other benefits also like,
- Reliable proof of their student identity wherever they go.
- Access to more than 150000 exclusive student discounts and offers in approx 130 countries/territories.
- Jumbo savings in the home country as well as abroad.
- Access to exclusive facilities and services internationally.
Documents needed for applying for the ISIC card:
As the ISIC card is only restricted to full-time students, you must produce these mentioned documents at the time of applying.
- An identity card that proves your identity as a student either from school or university with a clear mentioned date of issue.
- Proof of your Date of birth
- A recent passport size photograph of the applicant.
In case you are not a full-time student but want to get the ISIC card, there are two other cards in case you are less than 30 years old or you are a full time teaching faculty.
If you are less than 30 years, you can apply for the International Youth Travel card and if you are a full-time professor or teacher, you can apply for the International Teacher Identity Card.
You can check this page for more info and read the FAQ on the ISIC and other cards offered by it at this link, https://www.isic.org/contact/.