The Mulah Mala
What is a Mulah Mala?
In the urban dictionary means ‘money’ or a slang term commonly used for ‘money’.
Mala is a set of Buddhist Prayer Beads or a rosary that Buddhists use to keep track of their mantras without being distracted to count. Read more here from Wiki. This Mala was handmade by Sherry Falsetta who has been an amazing supporter.
The Mulah Mala is a fun and honorary way to acknowledge the generosity of our local Yoga studios.
The Top Fundraising Studio will proudly house and display the Mulah Mala and inside the new (2015 addition) Trophy Cup until the following Yoga 4 Hope! The Mulah Mala is displayed during the Yoga 4 Hope event and then later is presented on to the next qualifying top fundraising studio in a sacred Mulah Mala Ceremony.
The Top Fundraising Studio will proudly covet, house and display the Mulah Mala inside the new 2015 addition Trophy Cup until the following Yoga 4 Hope. The Mulah Mala is displayed during the Yoga 4 Hope event and then is later presented on to the next qualifying top fundraising studio in a sacred Mulah Mala Ceremony.
The details of this scared Mulah Mala Ceremony are so sacred and so secret, unfortunately, we cannot share it here.
About the Mala
The Mala is made of 54 Azurite Beads and 54 Lava Stones, a total of 108 as in a traditional Tibetan Mala. It weighs in at just 1/2 ounce under two pounds and is 36 inches long from top to end of the 5 tassels.
Azurite is called the “Stone of Heaven.”
It aids in developing psychic awareness, psychic skills and abilities, enhances intuition and is said to guide you to be accurate in depicting psychic experiences. It is also an excellent stone for meditation, allowing you to enter a meditative state easily. It can enhance prophesy and divination.
Azurite is said to help control energy flow and bring just the right amount of energy to any situation.
Physically, Azurite is professed by folklore to be helpful for: healing in general, cancer prevention, liver issues, arthritis, joint problems, depression, sinuses and skin problems.
Azurite is most closely related to the third eye Chakra and can balance, stimulate and empower it. It will also work to align all of the Chakras.
Lava – born of fire, lava burns away sickness and negativity.
Adding to the Mala
Each year symbolic additions are added to the Mulah Mala to represent each perspective year
The Mulah Mala adorns Buddha every year at Yoga 4 Hope. Photo Credit: Kathy Moore Photography
the official Mulah Mala Record Book, keeping all official records!
Created by Heirloom Creations Judy Beale
36 inches long with 108 Azurite Stones and weighs 2 pounds.
the Mala was created in Year 5 of Yoga 4 Hope’s running.
54 Azurite &
54 Lava stones
Pink Ribbon (2008) Honour Your Light within For Breast Cancer | Tree (2010) Reach for Higher Ground | Chakra Crystals (2011) (Swarovski) Rock Your Chakras | Peace, Love, Om symbols (2012)
- 5 tassels represent the years since Yoga 4 Hope started and the years after the first event that the mala was created (the event did not run in 2009-reality happens-our wings were a little tethered and we couldn’t fly that year~ this is represented by the silver tassel)
- 3 brown discs represent the 3 sisters of the Pajama Angels (one disc is overturned in memoriam of a lost sister.
- 2008 pink ribbon represents the 2008 first event: Honour Your Light within For Breast Cancer
- 2010 tree charm (2010) Reach For Higher Ground
- 2011 chakra stones (2011) Rock Your Chakras
- 2012 peace, heart & om Charms (2012) Peace Love Om
- 2013 Blue Lapis Lazuli, Red Jasper, Rose Quartz, Purple Amethyst & White Agate on Silver Buddha Head & Bloom Plaque Bloom Where You Are
- 2014 Hamsa Charm Talk To The Hamsa
- 2015 Ganesh Charm Light As Ganesh
How do you get the Mala in your studio for the next 364 days?
- Raise as much money in pledges, sales, donations and fundraisers so that total money raised is more than any other yoga studio.
- In other words, RAISE THE MOST MULAH!
- We hope the Mulah Mala brings the studio as much good Karma as all the Studios have brought to Yoga 4 Hope!
2016 TOP STUDIO FUNDRAISER
CONGRATS to BRANDI RIVAIT YOGA for raising $3620.00 for Yoga 4 Hope 2016.
They will house the Mulah Mala until Yoga 4 Hope 2017!