Americanexpress.com/confirmcard:- The American Express Platinum card is among one of the most popular cards offered by American Express. The Platinum card comes with a great welcome bonus and gives a chance to earn 60,000 membership rewards points. This Platinum Card comes in the category of Charge card and American express charges $699 annually for the card. While the card’s annual fee is quite high, it also has great reward programs. So, if you can earn the reward points diligently, you won’t regret the high annual fee. With the Platinum card you can pay for almost anything with your membership reward points.
However, it is quite hard to get the American Express Platinum card if your credit ratings are not good enough but the good thing is, you can get the decision about your application within minutes. This will save your time and hassle of visiting the branch for an offline application form.
Apply American Express Platinum Card:
While the process for applying the American Express Platinum Card is easy and can be done online. The card itself is not easy to get, as the American Express is a leading credit card lending brand, it requires a great credit score to be eligible for receiving the American Express Platinum Card. The Applicant must have a credit score falling in the good to excellent category in which excellent means the score must be around 720. The American Express also considers other financial records and habits before issuing the card, so in some cases applicants with lower credit scores but a strong habit of timely payments also get approved for the credit card. So if you want to apply for the American Express Platinum Card, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the American Express card website and move to the credit card section.
- Search for the American Express Platinum Card and click on it Americanexpress.com/confirmcard.
- On the next page, click on the Apply now option under the Platinum card option.
- A new page will be opened containing terms and conditions associated with the American Express Platinum Card.
- Click on “Agree and Begin”, and move to the application form.
- Now, enter your First Name, Last name. Name you want to display on the card, your email address, DOB and the postal code with your Social Insurance Number.
- On the next page enter your Contact Details then Financial Details and review the application.
- After reviewing the application, click on the Submit option for submitting the American Express Platinum Card application.
You must be a canadian citizen with a canadian credit file and of legal age according to your residency area for applying and receiving the American Express Platinum Card.
Activate American Express Platinum Card:
You can activate the American Express Platinum Card by visiting the American express card activation website. Upon receiving your American Express Platinum Card in the mail you can use it after activating and setting up a PIN for the transaction. There are 3 simple methods for activating the American Express Platinum Card. For activating your American Express Platinum Card online follow these steps:
- First of all visit the card activation website of Americanexpress.com/confirmcard.
- Now, enter your 15 digit card number and 4 digit card ID then click on confirm.
- Verify your identity and create a PIN of your choice.
- Choose your account preference and finish the account activation process, your American Express Platinum Card will be activated shortly.
You can also activate your American Express Platinum Card over the phone. The calling number is available for 24*7 rounds a year. You can call 1-800-263-1616 from the US or Canada for activating the American Express Platinum Card. You may also be asked to provide your verification details in order to activate your American Express Platinum Card.
In addition to this, you can also activate your American Express Platinum Card by using the Amex App. For activating the American Express Platinum Card by Amex App, follow these steps.
- First of all, download the Amex app from the App store or Play store according to your device compatibility.
- Now, open the application and select “Activate Card and Online Account” and then either log in to your existing account or sign up for a new one.
- Enter your card details and complete the verification process by answering the security question which you have set during the application process.
Reward Structure of Platinum Americanexpress Card:
With the Platinum card, customers earn 60,000 membership reward points as a welcome bonus if they successfully spend $5000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. These points can be used for redeem in the form of statement credit towards eligible purchases. On the reward front the card gives you 3X points on eligible dining out and takeout purchases from the restaurants and cafes. Customers also earn 2X points on qualifying flights and hotels. Other than this, customers also earn 1X reward points on everything else from grocery purchase to luxury goods to self care items and anything else. Cardholders also get 1 additional point for the bookings of hotel and rental vehicle bookings.
The American Express Platinum Card holders also get a $200 Annual Travel Credit for using towards any single travel booking of $200 or more. However, as the card is a charge card, you have to always pay the balance in full every month. In case you fail, an annual interest of 30% will be applied. And there is no minimum payment, the full balance shown on the statement must be paid otherwise you will be penalised. The foreign transaction levied by American Express Platinum Card is at the rate of 2.5% on each transaction. In case of returned payment you will be charged $25 by American Express Platinum Card.
The American Express Platinum Card doesn’t only show its name of platinum, users also get a precision cut and engraved personalised metal platinum card.